So, it’s raining outside and you want to go play. You fell asleep late and you woke up early. Your kids are sick and won’t stop crying, but they’re well enough to dump toys all over the living room floor. You need to make dinner and there’s nothing in the fridge. You tried to take a nap but you kept getting woken up. The pollen in the air is making it hard to breathe. You stubbed your toe on the coffee table. The Jehovah’s Witnesses keep knocking on your door. You want to take a shower but there’s no hot water. One of the kids tore a page out of your book and didn’t come find you when you were playing hide and seek. You turned on the TV but Martha Speaks was the only thing on. You have a sore in your mouth and a zit on your face. Every time you get up, someone takes your spot on the couch.
Everything sucks. What do you do?
Here’s some simple things to do that might help you out.
- Take a deep breath
- Drink a glass of water
- Eat a snack (peanut butter, honey and butter mixed together is great!)
- Give your spouse a hug and a kiss (even if you don’t feel like it)
- Pray that God will give you His peace
- Turn on some worship music
- Pray in tongues
- Ask God to make things better
- Smile (you definitely won’t want to, but do it)
- Act like you’re happy (because you’ll probably forget it’s an act)
If you do these things when everything sucks, you’ll probably find your day getting better. Because no matter how bad your day seems, it’s only getting worse because of your bad attitude.